Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oat Flour Pancakes


2 c. oat flour
2 eggs
2 c. milk or water
1/2 c. oil
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt, optional
For waffle mix: Add 1 tsp. vanilla

Warm pan or griddle to medium with 1 teaspoon butter or oil. Add dry ingredients together and mix lightly. Next add milk and water; stir. Add oil and 1 egg at a time. Mix thoroughly. Pour 1/2 cup mix at a time.

***Now for my adaptations: I used ground flax seed in replacement of the eggs and oil:

1 egg=1 Tablespoon flax + 3 Tablespoons water

1 Tablespoon oil/butter/margarine=3 tablespoons flax


So I used a LOT of flax in these. In my opinion, I should have stopped at replacing the eggs and just used applesauce or oil...but live and learn, right? Kids and husband approved of them, so I guess they weren't too flaxed out!


I also added 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg just to give it some dimension. My family ate these with lightly sugared marionberries and whipped cream from a can (a rare treat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment